HSK 4 · She goes to an old friend's wedding only because others pushed her — and finds the apology she didn't know she was waiting for.
我真的不想去这个婚礼。
I really not want go this (M) wedding.
I really did not want to go to this wedding.
新人是小红,我五年前最好的朋友。
New-person is Xiaohong, I five year ago most good (POSS) friend.
The bride was Xiaohong — five years ago, my closest friend.
那年我们因为一件小事生气了,然后再也没说过话。
That year we because one (M) small matter angry (PERF), then again also not say (EXP) word.
That year we got angry over something small, and after that we never spoke again.
几个老同学一直让我去。他们说:“你不去会后悔。”
Several (M) old classmate continuously let me go. They say: "You not go will regret."
A few old classmates kept pushing me. "You'll regret it if you don't," they said.
所以那天我穿上一件蓝色的衣服,坐车去了城外的饭店。
So that day I wear-on one (M) blue color (POSS) clothes, sit car go (PERF) city outside (POSS) hotel.
So that day I put on a blue dress and took a car to the hotel outside the city.
饭店门口站着很多人,我谁也不认识。
Hotel doorway stand (CONT) very many people, I anyone also not know.
A crowd stood at the door — I didn't recognize a soul.
典礼开始的时候,我坐在最后面。
Ceremony start (POSS) time, I sit at most behind side.
When the ceremony began, I sat at the very back.
小红走过来的样子很美,可是我的心里有点儿难受。
Xiaohong walk over (POSS) appearance very beautiful, but my heart inside have a-bit uncomfortable.
Xiaohong looked beautiful walking in, but something inside me ached.
我想到我们以前一起骑车,一起做作业,一起说将来。
I think-to we previously together ride bike, together do homework, together speak future.
I thought of how we used to ride bikes, do homework, and talk about the future together.
饭桌上别人喝酒,笑得很高兴。
Eat-table on other-people drink wine, laugh (DE) very happy.
At the tables people drank and laughed.
我一句话也说不出来。
I one (M) word also say not out.
I couldn't say a word.
吃完饭,我一个人走到饭店后面的小花园。
Eat-finish meal, I one (M) person walk to hotel behind (POSS) small garden.
After dinner, I walked alone to a small garden behind the hotel.
空气很凉,灯光照着草地。
Air very cool, lamp-light shine (CONT) grass-land.
The air was cool; lamplight fell on the grass.
我正准备离开,听见后面有人叫我的名字。
I just prepare leave, hear behind have person call my (POSS) name.
I was about to leave when someone behind me called my name.
是小红。她还穿着那件白衣服,手里拿着一杯水。
Is Xiaohong. She still wear (CONT) that (M) white clothes, hand inside hold (CONT) one cup water.
It was Xiaohong, still in her white dress, holding a cup of water.
她说:“你能来,我真的很高兴。”
She says: "You can come, I really very happy."
She said, "I'm so glad you came."
我没说话,只是看着她。
I not speak, only is look (CONT) her.
I didn't speak. I just looked at her.
她慢慢说:“那年的事,是我不对。我一直想跟你说对不起。”
She slowly say: "That year (POSS) matter, is I not right. I continuously want with you say sorry."
Slowly, she said, "What happened that year was my fault. I've wanted to say sorry for a long time."
“今天是我结婚的日子,我希望可以重新跟你做朋友。”
"Today is I marry (POSS) day, I hope can again with you make friend."
"Today is my wedding day. I'd like us to be friends again, if you're willing."
我发现自己的眼睛红了。
I discover self (POSS) eye red (PERF).
I realized my eyes had gone red.
我以为我来是为了别人。
I think I come is for other-people.
I had thought I came for other people.
其实我来,是为了原谅一件我自己放不下的事。
Actually I come, is for forgive one (M) I self put-not-down (POSS) matter.
Really, I had come to forgive something I'd been carrying too long.
我对她说:“我也对不起。我们重新开始吧。”
I to her say: "I also sorry. We again start (SUGG)."
I said, "I'm sorry too. Let's start over."
她笑了,把水杯放下,抱了我一下。
She laugh (PERF), (BA) water cup put-down, hug (PERF) me one time.
She smiled, set the cup down, and hugged me briefly.
回家的路上,城市的灯一个一个过去。
Return home (POSS) road on, city (POSS) light one (M) one (M) pass.
On the way home, the city lights passed one by one.
心里那件放了五年的事,终于轻了。
Heart inside that (M) put (PERF) five year (POSS) matter, finally light (PERF).
That thing I'd carried for five years felt finally lighter.
我想,有些婚礼,不只是为新人办的。
I think, some wedding, not only is for new-person hold (POSS).
Some weddings, I thought, aren't only for the couple getting married.