HSK 4 · Two friends hiking a familiar mountain find a door that wasn't there last week — and a window to their future.
我和小华每个周末都去爬山。
I and Xiaohua every (M) weekend all go climb mountain.
Xiaohua and I went hiking every weekend.
那座山很高,可是路我们已经走得很熟。
That (M) mountain very high, but road we already walk (DEG) very familiar.
The mountain was tall, but we knew the trail well.
上个周末我们才来过,没看见什么不一样的东西。
Last (M) weekend we just come (EXP), not see what not same (POSS) thing.
We had come up just last weekend and seen nothing unusual.
可是这次,在半山上,我们看见了一道门。
But this time, at half-mountain on, we see (PERF) one (M) door.
But this time, halfway up, we saw a door.
那道门是直接放在山上的,旁边什么也没有。
That (M) door is directly place at mountain on (POSS), side what also not have.
It was set right into the mountain itself, with nothing around it.
小华问:“这门是新的吗?”
Xiaohua ask: "This door is new (Q)?"
Xiaohua asked, “Is this new?”
我说:“上个周末肯定没有。”
I say: "Last (M) weekend definitely not have."
I said, “It wasn't here last weekend.”
我们站了很久,谁也不敢开门。
We stand (PERF) very long, who also not dare open door.
We stood there a long time. Neither of us dared open it.
最后小华说:“我们看一眼吧,看一眼就关上。”
Last Xiaohua say: "We look one eye (SUGG), look one eye then close-up."
Finally Xiaohua said, “Let's just peek and close it again.”
他慢慢地推开了门。
He slowly (ADV) push-open (PERF) door.
He slowly pushed the door open.
里面是一间很小的房间,只有一把椅子和一个窗户。
Inside is one (M) very small (POSS) room, only have one (M) chair and one (M) window.
Inside was a tiny room with just one chair and one window.
可是窗户外面的样子不是这座山的样子。
But window outside (POSS) appearance not is this (M) mountain (POSS) appearance.
But what was outside the window wasn't this mountain.
是别的地方,别的天空。
Is other (POSS) place, other (POSS) sky.
It was somewhere else. A different sky.
我说:“你先坐。”
I say: "You first sit."
I said, “You go first.”
小华坐在椅子上,看着窗户。
Xiaohua sit at chair on, look (CONT) window.
Xiaohua sat down and looked out.
他一句话也不说,几分钟以后才站起来。
He one (M) sentence also not say, several minute after only stand-up.
He said nothing for several minutes, then finally stood up.
他的脸有一点点红,眼里也有一点点水。
His face have a little-little red, eye inside also have a little-little water.
His face was a little flushed, and his eyes were a little wet.
他说:“现在你坐。”
He say: "Now you sit."
He said, “Now you.”
我坐下,向窗户外面看。
I sit-down, toward window outside look.
I sat down and looked out the window.
我看见的不是山,是十几年以后的我自己。
I see (POSS) not is mountain, is ten-several year after (POSS) myself.
What I saw wasn't the mountain. It was me, ten or more years from now.
我看见我在做一件事。那件事我现在还没想过要做。
I see I (CONT) do one (M) matter. That (M) matter I now still not think (EXP) want do.
I saw myself doing something — something I had never thought of doing.
可是我知道那是真的我。
But I know that is true (POSS) me.
But I knew it was really me.
我看了好一会儿,心里有一种说不出来的感觉。
I look (PERF) good one moment, heart inside have one (M) say-not-out (POSS) feeling.
I looked for a long while, with a feeling I couldn't put into words.
我站起来,对小华说:“好了。”
I stand-up, toward Xiaohua say: "Good (PERF)."
I stood up and said, “Okay.”
我们一起关上了门。
We together close-up (PERF) door.
Together we closed the door.
下山的路上,我们一句话也没说。
Down-mountain (POSS) road on, we one (M) sentence also not say.
On the way down, neither of us said a word.
从那以后,我们再也没提过那道门。
From that after, we again also not mention (EXP) that (M) door.
We never spoke of the door again.
后来我们又爬过那座山几十次,可是那道门再也没出现过。
Later we again climb (EXP) that (M) mountain ten-several time, but that (M) door again also not appear (EXP).
We climbed that mountain many times after, but the door never appeared again.