The Memory Cafe

HSK 4 · A new cafe lets you revisit your own memories from the outside — and Xiaohong notices something at her grandmother's last birthday that she never saw at the time.
咱们这里开了一家新咖啡馆。
We here open (PERF) one (M) new coffee-shop.
A new cafe opened in our town.
它和别的咖啡馆不一样。
It and other (POSS) coffee-shop not same.
It wasn't like other cafes.
你付钱,就能看到自己的一段记忆。
You pay money, then can see self (POSS) one (M) segment memory.
You paid, and you could watch one of your own memories.
你坐在小房间里。
You sit at small room inside.
You sat in a small room.
房间里有一杯咖啡。
Room inside have one (M) cup coffee.
Inside was a single cup of coffee.
你喝了咖啡,关上眼睛。
You drink (PERF) coffee, close eyes.
You drank the coffee and closed your eyes.
然后你就能看见以前的事。
Then you can see before (POSS) thing.
Then you could see things from your past.
不是在心里看,是真的看见。
Not at heart inside look, is really see.
Not in your mind — really see them.
你像在房间外面,看到当时的自己。
You like at room outside, see at-time (POSS) self.
It was as if you stood outside the room and watched your past self.
我决定去试一试。
I decide go try one try.
I decided to try it.
我想看看奶奶生日的那一天。
I want look look grandma birthday (POSS) that one day.
I wanted to see the day of my grandma's birthday.
那是十年前。
That is ten year before.
It was ten years ago.
她那天过八十岁生日。
She that day pass eighty year-old birthday.
That day she turned eighty.
我们一家人都在她家里。
We one family people all at her home inside.
Our whole family was at her house.
我们送给她一个大蛋糕。
We give to her one (M) big cake.
We gave her a big cake.
那以后不到一个月,奶奶就走了。
That after not-reach one (M) month, grandma then leave (PERF).
Less than a month later, Grandma passed away.
那是我最后一次见她。
That is I last one (M) time see her.
It was the last time I saw her.
我走进咖啡馆,付了钱。
I walk-into coffee-shop, pay (PERF) money.
I walked into the cafe and paid.
我坐下,喝了咖啡,关上眼睛。
I sit-down, drink (PERF) coffee, close eyes.
I sat down, drank the coffee, and closed my eyes.
我看见了奶奶家的客厅。
I see (PERF) grandma home (POSS) living-room.
I saw Grandma's living room again.
我看见小时候的自己在吃蛋糕。
I see small-time-back (POSS) self (PROG) eat cake.
I saw my younger self eating cake.
奶奶坐在中间,笑得很开心。
Grandma sit at middle, laugh (DEG) very happy.
Grandma sat in the middle, smiling happily.
然后我看见一件事,我以前没注意到。
Then I see one (M) thing, I before not notice.
Then I noticed something I'd never seen before.
奶奶从口袋里拿出一张小字条。
Grandma from pocket inside take-out one (M) small character-strip.
Grandma took a small note from her pocket.
她轻轻地把字条放进蛋糕的盒子里。
She lightly (ADV) (BA) note place-into cake (POSS) box inside.
She quietly slipped the note into the cake box.
她看着我,又看了字条一下。
She look (CONT) me, again look (PERF) note one (M).
She looked at me, then back at the note.
我以前从来不知道有这张字条。
I before always not know have this (M) note.
I had never known the note was there.
我回到家,找出那个旧蛋糕盒。
I return home, find-out that (M) old cake box.
I went home and found the old cake box.
盒子里还有那张小字条。
Box inside still have that (M) small note.
The note was still inside.
上面写着:“给我最爱的孙女。”
Top write (CONT): "To my most love (POSS) grandchild-female."
It said, “To my dearest granddaughter.”
我哭了,可是心里很高兴。
I cry (PERF), but heart inside very happy.
I cried, but inside I felt joyful.