The Lost Book and the Rainy Day

The Lost Book and the Rainy Day

周明是一个公司经理,他的办公室在公司五楼。

Zhou Ming is a company manager, his office is at company fifth floor.

Zhou Ming is a manager at a company. His office is on the fifth floor.

每天早上,他都会带一本书来公司,中午的时候在办公室门前的树下看书、休息。

Every morning, he always brings a book to company, noon time at office front tree under reads book, rests.

Every morning, he brings a book to work and reads it under the tree in front of his office during lunch.

这天早上,他刚上来办公室,就发现他最喜欢的那本书不见了。

This morning, he just came up to office, then discovered his most favorite that book disappeared.

That morning, just after arriving at his office, he realized his favorite book was missing.

秘书小李问:“是不是忘在家里了?”

Secretary Xiao Li asked: 'Is it (that you) forgot (it) at home?'

His secretary, Xiao Li, asked, 'Did you maybe leave it at home?'

周明说:“不会啊,我记得我拿了,那时候还放在桌子上。”

Zhou Ming said: 'No way, I remember I took (it), that time still placed on table.'

Zhou Ming replied, 'No, I remember bringing it. I even placed it on the table.'

他们找了很久,楼上楼下都找过了,可是没有发现。

They searched very long, upstairs downstairs all searched, but didn’t find.

They searched for a long time, checking both upstairs and downstairs, but couldn’t find it.

太太打电话来说:“你是不是把书放在我办公室了?”

Wife called say: 'Did you put book in my office?'

His wife called and said, 'Did you leave the book in my office?'

“我早上没去你那边啊。”周明回答。

'I morning didn’t go your place (啊).' Zhou Ming replied.

'I didn’t go to your office this morning,' Zhou Ming replied.

周明走出办公室,想着是不是掉在楼下了。

Zhou Ming walked out office, thinking is it (that it) dropped downstairs.

Zhou Ming walked out of the office, wondering if he had dropped it downstairs.

他一边下楼一边说:“这么多书,找一本真的不容易。”

He while going downstairs while saying: 'So many books, find one really not easy.'

As he went downstairs, he muttered, 'With so many books, finding one is really not easy.'

他走到那边的小花园,看到地上有一本书,被雨打湿了。

He walked to that side's little garden, saw on ground has a book, was hit wet by rain.

He walked over to the small garden nearby and saw a book on the ground, soaked by the rain.

“啊,是我的书!”他赶快跑过去,但一不小心脚滑了一下,脚扭了,腿也有点疼。

'Ah, is my book!' he quickly ran over, but accidentally foot slipped once, foot twisted, leg also a bit hurt.

'Ah! It’s my book!' He quickly ran over, but slipped by accident, twisted his ankle, and his leg hurt a bit too.

正在这时,小李带着一把伞走了过来:“经理,你怎么在这儿?你看起来不太好。”

Just at this time, Xiao Li carrying an umbrella walked over: 'Manager, why (are) you here? You look not too good.'

Just then, Xiao Li walked over with an umbrella. 'Manager, why are you here? You don’t look so good.'

“我找到书了,可是脚扭了。”

'I found (the) book, but foot twisted.'

'I found the book, but I twisted my ankle.'

小李说:“这么大的雨,您怎么不带伞?”

Xiao Li said: 'Such big rain, you why not bring umbrella?'

Xiao Li said, 'It’s raining so hard. Why didn’t you bring an umbrella?'

“我一着急就忘了。”周明囧地笑了笑,“现在怎么办?”

'I in a rush just forgot.' Zhou Ming awkwardly smiled, 'Now what to do?'

'I was in such a hurry, I forgot,' Zhou Ming said with an awkward smile. 'Now what do I do?'

“我来扶您回办公室,然后我们一起想办法处理。”

'I come support you return office, then we together think way handle.'

'I’ll help you back to the office, then we’ll figure out what to do together.'

到了办公室,太太正好来找他,“你瘦了还是胖了?怎么总是这么不小心?”

Arrived office, wife just came to find him, 'You thinner or fatter? Why always so careless?'

Back at the office, his wife happened to stop by. 'Have you lost weight or gained weight? Why are you always so careless?'

周明笑着说:“其实也不是我粗心,是那本书太重要了。”

Zhou Ming smiling said: 'Actually not I careless, (it) is that book too important.'

Zhou Ming smiled and said, 'It’s not that I was careless — it’s just that the book is really important to me.'

小李说:“这次您一定要多注意安全,不然我们也不好办事。”

Xiao Li said: 'This time you must more pay attention (to) safety, otherwise we also not easy do things.'

Xiao Li said, 'This time you really have to be more careful. Otherwise, it's hard for us to get anything done.'

大家都笑了,气氛也轻松了起来。

Everyone all laughed, atmosphere also relaxed up.

Everyone laughed, and the atmosphere became more relaxed.

虽然是一个有点小麻烦的早上,但因为一本书,他们多了一些交流,多了一些理解。

Although (it) was a bit troublesome morning, but because (of) one book, they had more communication, more understanding.

Although it was a slightly troublesome morning, that one book brought them more conversation and more understanding.

The Lost Book and the Rainy Day
周明是一个公司经理,他的办公室在公司五楼。 每天早上,他都会带一本书来公司,中午的时候在办公室门前的树下看书、休息。 这天早上,他刚上来办公室,就发现他最喜欢的那本书不见了。 秘书小李问:“是不是忘在家里了?” 周明说:“不会啊,我记得我拿了,那时候还放在桌子上。” 他们找了很久,楼上楼下都找过了,可是没有发现。 太太打电话来说:“你是不是把书放在我办公室了?” “我早上没去你那边啊。”周明回答。 周明走出办公室,想着是不是掉在楼下了。 他一边下楼一边说:“这么多书,找一本真的不容易。” 他走到那边的小花园,看到地上有一本书,被雨打湿了。 “啊,是我的书!”他赶快跑过去,但一不小心脚滑了一下,脚扭了,腿也有点疼。 正在这时,小李带着一把伞走了过来:“经理,你怎么在这儿?你看起来不太好。” “我找到书了,可是脚扭了。” 小李说:“这么大的雨,您怎么不带伞?” “我一着急就忘了。”周明囧地笑了笑,“现在怎么办?” “我来扶您回办公室,然后我们一起想办法处理。” 到了办公室,太太正好来找他,“你瘦了还是胖了?怎么总是这么不小心?” 周明笑着说:“其实也不是我粗心,是那本书太重要了。” 小李说:“这次您一定要多注意安全,不然我们也不好办事。” 大家都笑了,气氛也轻松了起来。 虽然是一个有点小麻烦的早上,但因为一本书,他们多了一些交流,多了一些理解。